The origin of evil is an ancient theme that has disturbed man’s mind throughout history. Thousands of works of research in the fields of philosophy, theology, literature and science were devoted to the study of this problem. Theater, music, painting, and sculpture delivered great additions to this important topic as well.
Therefore, we in our research come with the object to analyze existing scientific theories, philosophical and religious concepts and believes of the “origin of evil.” Different views of the subject can be include in this project:
-evil as chaos,
-evil as a source of falsehood,
-evil as negative energy,
-evil as a distortion,
-evil as a perversion of human nature and the mind,
-evil as spiritual and intellectual ignorance,
-evil as inner darkness,
-evil as the struggle for survival and existence, etc.
In our research, we welcome the religious perspectives including the perspectives of Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam and other religions.
The Reality of Evil and Problem of human choice.
Every man, whether he is an atheist, Hindu, Christian or a Buddhist, artist or scientist feels the burden of suffering and the terror of evil.
It is useless to deny the reality of evil, even if one refuses to believe it. Its existence cannot be doubted; however, the battle against evil can easily acquire the character of evil and consequently create more evil. Radical enemies of evil themselves become evil. This is the paradox of fighting evil. Good people who attempt to defeat it use evil methods of fighting and unintentionally become evil themselves.
We are outraged by the suffering and death of innocent people, the foolishness of war, mass repression, totalitarian regimes, and natural disasters. Wrong choices, disinformation, misinformation, falsified information, and political propaganda have become the legal right to commit evil.
Resolving the problem of evil is one of the most pressing issues of human life.
The Purpose of Research
1. To create a compilation of comprehensive, universal, and multidimensional research on the reason of the origin of evil, which has never been done before.
2. To understand why Evil continues to grow in the world and how to prevent it.
3. To understand why there is a rapid growth of mental illnesses and suicides and how to heal those who are affected by them.
4. To prevent man from degradation and destruction, not as a biological species, but as a human personality.
Why the Project is Important
1. The theoretical significance of the study of this topic is to contribute new knowledge to the fields of philosophy, psychology, religion, and culture.
2. The practical significance of the research consists in the fact that the results of this study will be able to completely change the structure of the scientific, philosophical, and religious worldview, and therefore the thinking, behavior, and life of man and society. The research will be able to determine a new understanding of the relationship between evil and those who are obsessed with it, as well as to discover new methods of healing and liberation from evil.
3. Research of the topic will connect the outlooks of science, philosophy and religion together in rich dialogue.
The art work of Mark Rothko No.4